Student and HMO Property Management


Whether you have one HMO property (Student properties generally come under House of Multiple occupation too) or multiple properties, Saxons have the experience and knowledge to help you manage them. We manage licence applications and remove the potential stress of owning HMO and Student HMO properties, as the legislation governing these tends to change rather regularly resulting in implications for HMO landlords. We keep up-to-date with the leglislation and deal with any requirements within the changes, so that you don’t have to.

We can deal with the entire process from submission of your HMO application and erection of the site notice, through to completion of works and grant of licence. As well as dealing with the appropriate council departments we can get any required works identified by the council or Fire Service carried out and oversee these through our network of trusted and reliable tradesmen.

All HMO properties must:
• be registered and licenced with Council HMO Department
• have a Fire Risk Assessment in place
• be compliant with Fire and Safety Regulations
• adhere to legal legislation and have all relevant up-to-date certification in place

Saxons can look after the following issues in relation to your HMO property and ensure that your property meets all the necessary legal requirement.

• Renewal of Licence
• Coordination of Works
• Submission of Application
• Notice for Display
• Licensing Committee Meetings
• HMO Officer Visit
• Fire Officer Visit
• Fire risk assessment

For more information on our residential property management services call 01206 517 777 or email